My Query Letter!


I thought it might be a good idea to put my query letter here just to get some more eyes on it, and also to give an example in case anyone needs ideas on formatting for their own letter. Let me know what you think! Also, if you have any questions about query letters or why I made the choices I did in terms of content, just let me know. I'll do my best to help you out! Thanks everybody!

Side note: I obviously didn't sign my real name at the bottom and also took out the name of the agency I interned with for the sake of anonymity!

...

To Whom it May Concern,

I thought you might enjoy my 105,000 word debut fantasy novel To the Ever and Back. This story is told from three alternating perspectives of a human, a Shifter, and a girl who shouldn't exist.

This wasn’t part of the plan. Damien asked for a powerful, obedient servant. Instead, he got a little girl. A girl can’t help him get his parents back. She’s loud, immature, insists on doing everything the hard way, and she has…wings? Interesting. He could still make this work. The girl won’t like his new plan, but he’s in charge, and nobody is going to stop him from saving his parents this time.

Aveleen knows Damien is a monster, first because he’s human, and worse because he’s a boy. He’s likely going to poke her with a stick until either the stick breaks, or she does. It shouldn’t matter that he lost his parents. He still has no right to cage her up like an animal. Her best hope now is a daring rescue from Kenni. Until he arrives, she only has to do two things, stay alive, and keep her wings a secret. 

Since Aveleen disappeared, Kenni has been driving himself rabid with worry. He can’t wait to catnap in the blood of whatever belly-crawling human took her away. But he can’t kick human behind until he actually finds his Aveleen, and getting to her isn’t going to be easy. He’ll have to go farther than any Shifter ever has. And Aveleen better be okay when he gets there, because his body doesn’t have room for any more scars.

To the Ever and Back is comparable to Julie Kagawa’s The Iron Fey and Eoin Colfer’s Artemis Fowl. This novel is written for a young adult audience and is intended to be the first of a trilogy. I have recently completed the second book in the trilogy as well.

Reading has been my passion since I could hold a book. A few years ago, that love of stories expanded into a desire to create my own. So I laughed and cried my way through writing To the Ever and Back, completed an internship with an awesome literary agency, and started building my media presence through a writing-based blog and Facebook page. Both of these are under the pseudonym Little Read Writing Hood, which lets me be as sassy as I like while encouraging my fellow readers and writers. Being a published author (whether under a fake name or not) is my greatest dream.

Thank you for considering my work. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Little Read




Comments